Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Marceline and Brookfield: January 26-February 7

Shortly after returning from the Pro-Life March, I was back on the road. For the first time in a while, I left the mid-north east section of the diocese. I chose to go more in the north western direction. I know, I still haven't been to Milan and Unionville. I haven't forgotten them. There are many places I haven't been yet. It will take two years to get to all the places in the diocese if I keep this pace.

Here is something interesting about Marceline School. Marceline has the highest ranking test scores in the diocese. Congratulations, Marceline! Also, just for those who talk about the correlation between finances and educatoin. Marceline is in the poorest county in the state of Missouri. Just because it is the boyhood home of Walt Disney doesn't mean it is a wealthy town. The principal is a wonderful person who has done so much to increase the morale of the parents and students in the school and to bring important and impressive technologial advances to the school. This was the first school I went ot where I got to use Smart Boards rather than dry erase boards or chalk boards. When I showed Fishers of Men DVD, it was on the most impressive audio-visual case I'd seen rivaling the equipment I saw at Notre Dame's ND Vision. (See earlier post about ND Vision.) An absolutely amazing school. The Children were a lot of fun to visit and the junior high had some awesome interviewers.

I also visited Brookfield. Immaculate Conception in Brookfield is run by a pastoral administrator who is very competent in what she does. I was able to celebrate 2 sets of weekend masses and a couple of weekday masses in both parishes. I visited the Brookfield Liturgy Committee. It was a very worthwhile trip to Marceline and Brookfield. Called by Name: 10 in Marceline and 2 in Brookfield.