Friday, April 06, 2007

A week in the office

Sometimes, I have to regroup and find out where we are with things. That's not the same thing as getting worried about numbers :) See last post. This was a week where I needed to visit with several individuals and planning visits with families. In the meantime, I heard confessions in Linn, had a holy hour with our youth at the Chancery, and went to the Diocesan Chrism Mass.

Anyone who wants to support priests or seminarians or look for seminarians should attend the Chrism Mass. It is a day when the priests recommit themselves to their ministry. The Bishop presides with all of his priests around him and the lay faithful praying as well. It is a spectacular celebration for the priests of the diocese. You can also see almost all of the priests of our diocese together. That is a rare event. If you are reading this and want to know when the next Chrism Mass will be it is always the week before Holy Thursday. Please join us; you will not be disappointed and your prayers will be most appreciated.