Sunday, May 13, 2007

Vienna, Brinktown, Argyle May 12 and 13

Koeltztown is also a parish in this cluster; they have mass one night a week, no weekend masses. I spent the evening Saturday evening in Vienna and went to the Crawfish Festival in town. Not bad. I was invited to one of these once before, but could not make it; when I was invited to this one, I had to check this out. Like most "sea"food, its a lot of work for a little bit of meat. Flavor is not bad. They served it with turkey as well. Side dishes included corn on the cob, potatoes and rice. When the weekend was over, there were 9 "called by names" of course, two of them were names of women who were in their mid 80's so I am not sure they understood what was being asked. One man in another parish was 95 years old. I guess if Abraham and Sarah could be 100 when they gave birth, we could take people in their late later years. It is beautiful country in this part of the diocese. I was enjoying the birds and animals playing around as I was driving around.

And, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY, ALL YOU MOM'S!! IF YOU ARE A YOUNG PERSON READING THIS, REMEMBER TO WISH MOM A HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!