Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Companion 2007

Throughout the school year, I visited 17 schools. I interviewed junior high children in 16 of those schools. The boys who showed interest and the junior high boys that were written down in the "Called by Name" all received an invitation to go to Companion 2007 at Conception Abbey. Companion 2007 is a weekend of sporting competitions, fun, swimming, fishing, and praying with the monks. We invited 182 of our junior high boys. 6 attended the weekend. Realizing it was over Father's Day weekend, (I do not schedule the date) I knew a lot would not be able to attend. However, it was another good opportunity for me to confirm the necessity of Junior High Lock-ins and retreats at the local level first. So, I redoubled my efforts with the Youth Ministry Office to set up dates for the Junior High Lock-Ins in the academic year of 2007-2008. I am happy to say we are making progress. The Lock-In is prepared.

The 6 youth that attended Companion 2007 had a great time and I really enjoyed getting to know them better. May God continue to bless our youth!