Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Newman Center, Columbia May 3 & 4

Now, I can say I made it to all 3 Newman Centers again this year! The associate pastor was alone because the pastor was on vacation. Associate pastor was on vacation the previous week, so he was happy that he didn't have to take time out of his vacation to prepare a homily for the upcoming weekend. While there, I was not the only one promoting vocations; the Novice Master came with the five novices for the current discernment year. After mass, the five Dominicans and Novice Master also visited with the congregation. It was interesting. It is also important to note on our diocesan website vocation blog that next year, when discernment year starts, 2 of the graduates from MSU will be part of the Dominican discernment year. Congratulations and God-speed to those two men and the Dominican community!