Tuesday, July 03, 2007

June 23-24 Belle and Owensville

The pastor was happy to know I was coming; was at Owensville to welcome me, showed me where things were and headed out for a well deserved weekend away. I can't blame him. If there is a priest willing to cover, its a good time to get away. I am also interested and happy when a priest wants to stay and give his support to the message of the importance of vocations. It is really up to the individual pastor if he wants to stay or leave -- if he wants to concelebrate or have me celebrate. Whatever the pastor wants; he is the pastor. (From experience, it is good to be pastor!)

After mass, I had a nice dinner with some wonderful people of the parish who put me in contact with some others I need to know in the parish. After Sunday mass, back to Columbia for another TEC meeting.

By the way this is picnic season: I've been to Frankenstein, Loose Creek and Linn Picnics. I was unable to get to Taos because it was the same weekend as Companion. If you read this and are in the area, check out the Missourian t find out where the next parish picnic is and attend. They are wonderful events! Good food, lots of people and lots of good things to look at and maybe even buy.