Sunday, July 06, 2008

The Month of June 2008 in 1 entry!

Glasgow and Slater was the weekend place to be the first weekend. Since it would be my first return trip, I had to come up with something to do at each place, so I wrote a Time and Talent sheet for each parish to fill out. After discerning some more, I decided that survey would be handed to all parishes in September. Be watching your bulletins!! Monday was clergy golf day. Only about 10 priests REALLY play golf, but we get together anyway and have dinner at the end of the day. Good for priests to get together. Tuesday was Presbyteral Council Meeting. Wednesday the committee worked on the Eucharistic Adoration book again. Saturday and Sunday 7 & 8 I was back in Marshall, MO. Sweet springs also. I also stayed for the Hispanic Mass. Then, on to retreat 9-12. Friday, 13 7 junior high boys, Tony Rinaldo, a seminarian stationed in Mexico, MO for the summer and I headed to Conception for Companion 2008! At the fireworks the boys all said they were coming back next year. That means they had a good time; never pin point a Junior high boy to what he is doing later that day let alone what he is doing next year! The following week, 16-20 just a bunch of meetings and visits with individuals. That took us to Fayette and Boonville which I left for shortly after a long planning meeting with CHRISTpower - 49 youth attending this year! Praise be God!! After Fayette and Boonville (21-22) it was time for Priest Support Group at the Lake of the Ozarks... FUN!! Eucharistic Adoration for 20 was held on June 25; a tour of the St. Joseph Rectory and ice cream followed.

June 28 and 29 was a very interesting weekend. Was working/playing on computer in chancery very late Friday night. Locked the keys in the chancery, couldn't get into any house or the chancery, so found myself at Motel 6. Saturday, got my keys thanks to another priest, had lunch with a really cool person and then headed to Edina... Baring actually which is 2 hours 2o minutes from Jefferson City. Heard Confessions in Baring and came to the sacristy -- there was the priest. he said he had vacation last weekend and that the deacon was preaching this weekend. I was able to take the Saturday evening mass and then headed back to Jefferson City. Went to 8:30 AM mass at St. Peter in Jefferson City then said good-bye see you at your next assignment to the associate pastor who was being transferred. That night, went to the prison to visit the guys who will be our visitors when we go there for CHRISTpower. June 30, D-day for Eucharistic Adoration books, came and went and we got it all accomplished. Thanks to all who helped!!